How To Market Your Business on Snapchat
Marketing your business via Snapchat is still largely uncharted territory, which is why it’s a great opportunity to jump in and get ahead. Snapchat offers a unique opportunity to reach a new audience and expand your client base because it’s the fastest growing social network with more than 100 million daily active users. Most businesses utilize Facebook for social media marketing, and only 2% use Snapchat, meaning there’s less competition on Snapchat. Using this platform offers your business a unique opportunity to stand out and make an impact.
Unlike other social networks, your posts on Snapchat (also called snaps) never get buried in a timeline. Your snaps stay open and available until your followers view them. This alone is a game changer. You’ll get more viewers on more of your snaps, which can increase your audience drastically. Although snaps only last 1-10 seconds after they’re opened, Snapchat flips this short shelf life on its head making it the center of the network. Because snaps have such a short window for viewing content, you will gain and maintain your viewer’s undivided attention.
When marketing on Snapchat, there are a few things to keep in mind so that you’re prepared. Below are some tips on how to gain and maintain interest for your business and increase your audience.
Develop Engaging Content
What’s a business without engaging content? Without a story to tell, viewers will lose interest. Show your audience why you’re unique and what you have to offer.
· Create tutorials about something in your area of expertise.
· Give users a glimpse behind the scenes at your company.
· Show your product in action.
· Create a demo with your products or services.
· Ask users for pictures or videos of them using your product and send out snaps featuring them.
· Repurpose content from other social networks, but make sure it’s tailored to Snapchat.
· Share interesting stories that relate to your industry.
· Give an opinion or review on a recent event.
Interact with your viewers and Snapchat community. Snapchat is a social media platform after all. Engage with your fans and followers, and they’ll respond and tell their followers too.
· Ask people to reply to your snap or post a reply on another social network.
· Consider following people back on Snapchat and reply when appropriate.
· Add a call to action to keep your viewers interested.
· Ask your viewers to visit your website and promote sales and special events.
· Give your viewers incentives. Ask them to send a snap to get a discount or host a give-away.
· Partner with influencers and brand ambassadors.
Creativity Is Key
Creativity is one of the most important aspects of marketing on Snapchat. When developing content so be sure to present your snaps in an interesting and engaging way so your followers are more likely to view, remember, and interact with your content.
· Draw or write on pictures to add humor or emphasis.
· Find clever ways to get people to sit up and pay attention.
· Tell a story with a series of snaps.
Build a Following
Because Snapchat doesn’t use hashtags, it can be challenging to build an audience, search, or discover content. However, there are still ways that you can create a following and keep your audience interested in you and your business.
· Share your snapcode on other social networks so your followers and fans can find you.
· Show your viewers why you’re relevant, important, and necessary.
The online marketplace is ever-expanding, which is why it’s important to digitally market your business and share your story. Social media networks are a large part of the marketplace because it’s a space in which people can share stories, experiences, and ultimately, connect with one another. Social networks, including Snapchat, offers an opportunity for increased brand recognition, improved brand loyalty, higher conversion rates, increased inbound traffic, richer customer experiences, and improved customer insights.